Arthritis in the hands is one of the most crippling forms of arthritis. It can not only slow you down but can often prevent you from doing the things you want to do. Added to this is the fact that it is often the most painful form of this disease. There are many types of this disease that can affect your hands and fingers.
Rheumatoid arthritis is often the cause of this problem. This is one of the most complex types of these ailments. Because it is mainly caused by dysfunction of the immune system it is the most difficult to treat. However there are some natural treatments that can help you get relief from the inflammation and pain of this condition. They can also help you to get more mobility in your hands and fingers.
5 tips to help you overcome arthritis pain in your hands:
- Caster Oil: this is a common oil that can be purchased in many stores or even online. Be sure to get the pure one with no additional additives. Massaging a little of this oil into your affected joints can help you to get relief from the pain and get better mobility in your fingers and hands. Note that you do not need too much of this oil for it to be effective. It is quite a heavy oil so when you apply it, rub it in well by massaging the hand and allow a few hours to soak in. Applying it at night before sleeping is a good policy. There are two reasons that it works; due to its heavy viscosity it keeps your hand warm and increases blood flow to the hand. You need to massage the hand joints well to work in the oil. Massage is very soothing for the joints.
- Good diet: diet is very important when you are suffering from any disease including arthritis. Try to eat a healthy, balanced diet. This includes whole grain foods and plenty of fruits and vegetables. It is also wise to reduce junk food and maintain your weight. This will help to keep you in good health and enable you to overcome arthritis pain better.
- Gentle exercise: when you are in pain it is easy to stop moving your joints. This will lead to increased stiffness and pain. It is wise to give your hands and fingers gentle exercise to keep them mobile.
- Massage: massaging your joints gently will help you to get relief from pain and increase mobility. You can use oil or just plain massage. This will work because it helps to loosen up muscles and calm nerves. It will transfer energy and warmth to the joints.
- Improving your immune system: It is important to take care of your immune system as this is the system that helps you combat diseases. When it gets out of balance in diseases like rheumatoid arthritis it is necessary to take care of it. You can do this by eating foods that are high in antioxidants and antitoxins. these types of foods are fruits and vegetables, preferably raw. Nuts like peanuts and walnuts are also good for helping the immune system.